The Department of Economics and Business Studies offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programmes:
4 THREE-YEAR UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES (link to the undergraduate programmes content)
- Bachelor's in Business Administration
- Bachelor's in Economics
- Bachelor's in Maritime, Logistics and Transport Economics and Business
- Bachelor's in Management Tourism Sciences: Territory, Culture and Business – available in Imperia
4 GRADUATE PROGRAMMES (link to the graduate programmes content)
- Master’s in Accounting and Finance
- Master’s in Economics and Financial Institutions
- Master’s in Maritime and Port Mangement
- Master’s in Management
1 POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMME: PhD in ECONOMICS (link to the postgraduate programmes content)
Most of the undergraduate and postgraduate courses are taught in Italian. However, it is possible to sit the exam in English for many of the courses with the prior consent of the professor or lecturer.
Some courses are taught entirely in English. Please refer to the information included in this webpage.
Foreign students should meet certain admission requirements to enrol on the undergraduate and graduate programmes.
1) Admissions procedure for the undergraduate programmes
To enrol on the undergraduate programmes students must meet all the requirements as indicated by the University of Genoa at this webpage.
Moreover, the Economics Department's study programs are not programmed, but it is required, except for exemptions, to undertake an additional test to verify the knowledge required for access to courses.
2) Admissions procedure for the graduate programmes>
To enrol on the graduate programmes, students must meet all the requirements as indicated by the University of Genoa at this webpage.
Moreover, students who have obtained less than 99/110 in their undergraduate degree (or equivalent, in the case of a different grading scheme) must pass an additional test to verify the possession of sufficient aptitude and competence to enrol in a graduate programme.
All international students (i.e. those students who obtained their certificate of secondary education abroad, regardless of their nationality or country of residence and no matter if they already hold a certificate of knowledge of Italian Language) must take a test aiming at evaluating their actual knowledge of Italian at the required B2 level (B1 level for the Chinese students of Marco Polo Programme) for bachelor degree courses and C1 level for master degree courses (refer also to this website
The test will take place:
- Friday 1st September 2017, 9:30 a.m., at Dipartimento di Economia, Via Vivaldi, 5, Genova, Aule Lanterna e Portovecchio, III livello, for students who wish to enroll for the first time in bachelor courses. Students enrolling in master degree courses (2-year courses) shall not join this test.
- Monday 2nd October 2017, 9:30 a.m., Dipartimento di Scienze della Formazione, Corso Andrea Podestà 2, Genova, Auele 5 e 6, for students enrolling for the first time in bachelor courses who did not join the 1st September test, and for students enrolling for the first time in master degree courses.
- Monday 13th November 2017, 9:30 a.m. (in lecture rooms which will be published as soon as possible): for students enrolling for the first time in bachelor courses who did not join the 1st September and 2nd October tests, and for students enrolling for the first time in master degree courses who did not join the 2nd October test.
Contacts:Student Help Desk
Tel +39 010 209 5515 - 5020 - 5578 - 5026